My Usual Lip Wardrobe: My Favorite Lippies!

May 13, 2020

Lipstick is my weapon of choice.




If I can survive on two cosmetics alone (because using only one is ridiculous and not so fun), it would definitely be an eyebrow pencil and a lipstick. There's something sensory pleasing with lipstick: opening it, twisting the pigment up, applying it and watching my face transform immediately. Oh, and 90% of lipsticks I own have that oddly satisfying "click" sound when I put the cover back!

So the katana shape of my favorite eyebrow product is really no match for the bullet of my lipstick in terms of how powerful a cosmetic weapon it is to me! 

I tend to gravitate towards natural peachy pink colors. I read so much beauty articles online about how women tend to buy the same shade OVER and OVER and I realize, OMG SAME! Forgive me if you see a pattern here: these are my faves after all.

I own so much lipsticks and if I were to edit it to just less than 10 to wear for the rest of my life, I guess these would be the ones! 


1. Sunnies Face Fluffmatte Lipstick in Vacay - P395

I own a couple of these shades and while I love all of them, Vacay is my top pick. Described as a "peachy papaya", it's the perfect color to liven up my skin. Its peach tone leans a little more orange than pink but it's not garish. I love this color also on the cheeks! I think this is my most used lipstick and I often bring this shade with me. It's also such a delectable and creamy formula, not as addictively whipped like their Lip Dip but it's comfortable.

Vacay is a no-frills lip shade that I reach out for errands usually

2. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in Versatile - P299

As much as I love Vacay, this liquid lipstick from Maybelline is actually the one I'll choose if I were to only choose one lipstick for the rest of my life. It doesn't have that "peachy papaya" magic Sunnies has but it's still a neutral peachy beige color I love whether with barely any makeup or with a full face. The formula is SUPER DUPER LONG LASTING and can survive anything without a retouch (eating, drinking, workouts, makeouts...you name it!). It's drying and hard to take off but the nice thing about it is that unlike other matte liquid lipstics, this smoothens flakes. Maybe it's just me? But it seems to plaster any texture smooth unlike other liquid lipsticks that emphasize and cling to them.

Like Vacay, Versatile is my lip shade of choice when I don't know what to wear. This is also usually my lip color for work or long days.

Versatile looks so good with many makeup looks for me, too!

3. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in Delicate - P299

Before I regularly used Versatile, I used Delicate TO DEATH. It's this nice nudey pink that has enough warmth that it doesn't look too pale on my face. It's a pink that looks good on anyone!


Delicate is that shade that definitely makes you feel prettier
My own tube of Delicate survived both World Wars

4. Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in Seductress - P299

My first Matte Ink is this shade in Seductress, which is my perfect nude. I like using this shade as a as it is or dab a little of it when something I wear is a little to pink or red for my taste. Or if I feel like doing a gradient lip, I use this as my base too!

Obviously failing being an actual seductress here but Seductress is a nude shade that looks great with simple or dramatic makeup.

5. Sunnies Face Lip Dip in Posh - P395

Formula-wise, this is my favorite. It's so plush and siliconey and I like how smooth and slippery it feels. The color "Posh" is my favorite and when I first got it, I used it non-stop for weeks. Models in the ads just dab a bit of the cream and make a stained, blurred look but honey, I like full on color! Downside to this is it doesn't last long but I love how velvety it is so I don't mind retouching often. The shade also looks great to use on the eyes!

Described as a "rosy mauve", I find it's hard to photograph the color in person. It's much more brownish and the color translates quite differently across all skintones. It looks like a pinky brown on some while it looks like a medium reddish brown to others.

Warning though: I noticed this formula doesn't mix well with other lip colors, even other shades of the Lip Dip. Must be the silicones in it.

Used Posh in both my lips and eyes! Felt super posh


6. Sunnies Face Fluffmatte Lipstick in Baked - P395

This was my very first Sunnies Face item. It's this peachy terracotta that I never stopped wearing. It's a little deeper and browner than Vacay but it's a shade that looks great on anyone!




NOW HERE'S THE BEST PART: You can definitely mix and match the shades! These and a clear, sheer pink, or golden shimmery gloss will definitely elevate them in a different way! Below are some looks I made in the past mixing these lipsticks.

Remember, since these are mostly neutral lipsticks, these won't result to red or plum colors lmfao


I used a golden shimmery lip topper on top of Baked here. It looks even prettier in person!

This was Delicate when I applied a sheer nude gloss over it.

Baked and Vacay is an obvious combination but it's still really pretty.


Delicate definitely looks a bit pinker here thinks to a sheer fuschia lip gloss I glossed over

This looked a little browner in person but this was Seductress beneath Baked

Delicate topped with Vacay is the perfect peachy pink!

You Might Also Like

0 comments