A Young Twenty-Something

May 22, 2020

This poem was originally written as a short post but I experimented and pretty much separated and lined phrases and sentences. I saw it came out quite good this way, I liked it better than just three paragraphs of my random thoughts as a twenty-something still wondering through this life. Anyways, here is my post slash somewhat poem "A Young Twenty-Something." 


All these thoughts buzzing through, telling me what or what not to do


A young twenty-something
You have nearly a decade
to map out what to do,
make mistakes if you have to.
Or maybe you're a twenty-something
who needs to shape up
and be the man of the house.
You're young, in your twenties,
but wondering about that something.


What's that something?
 I guess it's in these
"young twenty-something" years
you question the inexplicable
Existence? Purpose? Meaning of it all?
What is that "all" at all?


I'm a twenty-something.
Does that mean I'm dying at forty or fifty?
Over mentally arduous pondering,
over a forever mid-life crisis?

You Might Also Like

0 comments