Fresh na Fresh: The One Foundation Worth the Hype

March 20, 2019



I only learned to appreciate foundation/base makeup later in my lifetime of being obsessed with makeup. I only wore liquid foundation once throughout my teens (MAC PA) and I hated how heavy and cakey it looked. I rediscovered it in college, fell in love, but knew whatever I used wasn't totally perfect.

But using the right foundation, I discovered that I felt prettier, BRIGHTER, and magical. All the times I used foundation, I only loved it because it worked for me to an extent, but never all the way.

But this feeling of foundation not making effort is over for I finally found the most BIGATIN, BONGGA FUNDA EVER.


L'Oreal Infallible Freshwear 24 Hour Foundation

I've always been intrigued with this product especially after Tati raved about it.

I'll be honest: I already tested the L'Oreal Infallible Freshwear 24 Hour foundation prior to these pictures and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics of the first few times I tried it but here are some documentation I made when I decided to do a formal review.

This is what the foundation looked like when I freshly applied it. I used Nichido Final Powder in Creamy Glow to set it.  Feel na feel ko pa makeup ko! Time check: 7:30AM

This was taken when it was almost 3PM--more than seven hours later! Mind you, I endured heavy commute in the  morning heading to a coverage in Adriatico, commuted again to DOH, and then commuted again to Intramuros. Only blotted my face right before I took this selfie so I must say it's quite impressive!

This final check up shot on my foundation was taken a little over 9PM. The foundation obviously faded a bit but in person, it still looked decent and just needed a little blot. MAS NAUNA BUMIGAY EYELINER AT SHADOW KO!Almost 14 hours of funda wear in this Philippine weather and traffic? Super sold! (Also, don't mind the lumpia. I was really hungry then)
Here's a rundown on things I observed with the foundation:

  • It doesn't have a straight-up matte finish but this satiny one that makes me look like ang ganda ng skincare routine ko.
  • Despite the non-matte finish, it smooths over my pores! Insta-filter!
  • It sets pretty quickly so you better work fast with your application. Tried it with a beautyblender, cushion sponge, silicone sponge, and fingers and they all worked well for me. I prefer using a dense blending brush since it maximizes the coverage that way.
  • I used primer the very first time I used it but the next times I used it--including this time of review--I didn't use anything to prime my face. Tibay!
  • My shade is Radiant Sand, which is a touch darker than my skintone. Totally my fault here but it doesn't look that bad. Having a light powder or mixing it with a little lighter foundation worked for me. 
  • It oxidizes a bit and if you use the wrong type of powder, the shade will look yellowy! (I used it a few times with my Kris Aquino x Ever Bilena Matte Powder Foundation in Lifetime and I LOOKED LIKE I USED TURMERIC POWDER TO SET MY FACE BY THE END OF THE DAY)
  • The shade range is so bad here locally. Radiant Sand is already the darkest shade available.
  • It obviously won't last for 24 Hours but it fades quite evenly and beautifully. Your skin won't look like the map of the world after the end of the day.
Wet hair, don't care. But look! Is my foundation there? (Sorry, I love rhymes hahaha)

One of the things I love about this foundation is that it's pretty versatile. Bake your face with a loose setting powder and you have a durable matte base. My favorite way to set my face, though, is using a baked powder that's a little on the glowy side because it looks like my skin, but better. In the photo above, I used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus lightly dusted on my face. It kinda mimics the look of having a great skin day as opposed to having heavy foundation. Love love love!

The L'Oreal Infallible Freshwear 24 Hour Foundation is now my favorite product from the brand to date. I was already impressed with their Color Riche Matte Lipsticks (Review here) and agreed with the hype on the Lash Paradise mascara (Review here).

You Might Also Like

0 comments