I Speak of Love...For Lipsticks

May 06, 2018

Note: I apologize if mauumay kayo sa fez ko after reading this post.

Feeling riche with mah Color Riche lipstick! Charot!



YAY! A KIKAY RELATED POST! LAST TIME I WROTE SOMETHING LIKE THIS WAS MY UKAY POST WHICH I'LL TALK ABOUT AGAIN VERY SOON!

Anyways, what I want to discuss is my love affair with lipstick.

The first time I bought a bullet of lipstick was when I was a young teen. It was Jordana and I bought it off the Dollar Store (Eyyy remember that time Jordana wasn't in the department stores and isn't overpriced yet?). One was in Beige Glow, which I was so addicted to that I ended up buying a very similar shade from the line that next week called Coco Malt. The other one was a black lippie (Clearly, you can tell how long ago this was since I used to be so emo).

From a humble collection of three bullets, it has become an army that drives people in this house nuts. I have so much lipstick in a myriad of hues, from classic red to funky blue to pretty peach to nostalgic black(...I'll always have that emo side, okay. Huwag judger).

Despite having so much and using a variety on a daily basis, I have my preferred lipsticks. While I love a good matte, nothing in the world will compare to a lippie that glides and feels like silk as opposed to my matte lippies that tug like an eraser on my lips.

Enter L'OREAL COLOR RICHE MATTE LIPSTICKS (Not sponsored...but I'm open for sponsors hehe)...

The ladies in Project Vanity and L'Oreal pronounce it COLOAR REESH. Name palang, sosy na.

I attended this cool lipstick swatching party by L'Oreal and Project Vanity! It feels so cool  to get my hands in all 40 shades of lipsticks--even if I only brought home three.
FREE LIPPIES IN UNIVERSAL COLORS: ROSE NUANCE, HINTED BLUSH, AND RICH MERLOT
There was a flatlay booth and of course, nakiflatlay lola niyo kahit di marunong.


What I love about the Color Riche Matte Lipsticks is that they're really moisturizing and light on the lips. I'll forever love my matte liquid lippies that stick and feel like cement on my parched lips. Color Riche is much more forgiving in the lips, making my lips feel as if it has been reborn.

Another great thing is the packaging! It looks and feels so luxe and leathery(even if it isn't leather)! It even has that sosy click sound when you put back the cap on the bullet.

The best part? IT HAS 40 WHOPPING AND WEARABLE SHADES! Here are some arm swatches to add to that ~~beauty blogger~~ feel. (Won't be a beauty blogger anytime soon. I'm just a blogger with beauty...on the inside. WAW CHARUT).

Creepy and crappy arm pics coming through:

Fr. L-R: Cashmere Delicat, Flatter Me Nude, Dress Up Pink, Mauve Petal, Chocolate Rouge, Sweet Liquer, Cafe de Fleur. 

Fr. L-R: Red Valentine, Blaze of Red, Flaming Kiss, Raspberry Syrup, Glamour Fuschia, Rose Fondu, Blackberry Hue
I tried on so much lipsticks and here are my fave shades so far:

Blackberry Hue is so beautiful. If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for dark lipstick! SOMETIMES, YOU CANNOT TAKE THE EMO OUT IN ME OKIE. This is the kind of dark lipstick that will flatter anyone. It's DRAMA IN A TUBE.

Blackberry Hue, the hue that's good for hue! Este, you!

Rouge A Porter (Ano daw?)is like that fuckboy you can't figure out but all you know is...he look foine (What an analogy brought to you by an English major chos). I cannot quite figure out this color: Is it a muted orangey red? A coral? A bright rosey peach? It could be turquoise or yellow for all I know. But it makes me look ALIVE.

Not me and my lippie, effboi
I absolutely adored the Limited Edition Cannes Lipstick in Red Carpet! I would've gotten the chance to get the last free piece of it during the party but I know that I have so much reds at home and other girls wanted it more. SOMEONE CANONIZE ME AS A SAINT, PLEASE.
Loving him was red; his hair, his smoke his dreams - Halsey Swift (I sing like that, legit).

Because I foolishly forgot to take a good pic of the LIMITED EDITION CANNES LIPSTICK IN RED CARPET, here's the best photo of the lippie I can find. On my lips is Maple Mocha--a shade not a scrumptious sounding coffee I wish existed.

My lips got really swollen in trying on a ton of lipsticks, as if I had a makeout session or something. BUT STILL, I WAS SUPER DUPER EXCITED TO TRY ON MY NEW LIPSTICKS! (Wasn't able to try the riche Rich Merlot and the famous Rose Nuance in the event, though)

Rich Merlot is a medium toned red with a hint of brown (Yes these are my words, in case you think it came off the L'Oreal site). I let my dusk complexioned mom try it on and it pulls more deep brown on her. On me, it looks like a deep rich red. Camera and lighting cannot capture it accurately, sorry.


Hinted Blush is just that, a hint of blush. I tried it on during the event and loved it. Now that I own it, I will cherish it. Despite me owning quite an amount of MLBB shades, I don't own anything quite like this. It looks really natural on me, as if you can't guess I have something on my mouth until I'm proven guilty with a tissue.

Oops I forgot to wear lipstick--NOT! 

Rose Nuance is a shade I was excited to try and it clearly became my fave of the three (It's the shade I'm wearing in the very first pic of this post!). I love beigey pinks but many still pull of a bit to bright for me so I always have to tone it down with a little nude or brown lippie. Not Rose Nuance! It's 200 of my signature pink lip combos in one bullet.

"ISANG BALA KA LANG!" - FPJ film/Me realizing I won't layer lipsticks anymore after meeting Rose Nuance
The best part of the party was meeting Ms. Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity! I've been reading her blog for years now to see her reviews on makeup and skincare. 

Super bad quality but hey, here's a pic with Ms. Liz! That shine on my lips is from eating pizza.
And that's it! Lipstick is such a huge deal for me and despite being a hoarder, I think I found the one in L'Oreal--and it's the only THE ONE I need for now. 😀

You Might Also Like

0 comments