Fantasizing Lash Paradise

July 27, 2018

If lashes could kill, then the world would be free from terrorism and be an even more beautiful place, charot!


Me and mascara don't always have the best relationship.

The first time I wore mascara was  when I was 11 and I didn't get the "hype." It was more of a hazard to my tween eyes because I kept poking my eyes with the wand and watched my lashes droop down more.

What I also didn't get is how come I had so much black flakes in my face throughout the day.

It snows pala in the Philippines, ano? In the form of dried-up, clumpy tar in an 11 year old's face, sadly. 

Fast forward in my early twenties, I discovered the power mascaras have.

Imagine how they make you look well-rested, even when you aren't?

Waterproof and uber black is my lash weapon of choice. While other mascaras deliver, some just leave them looking like crusty, hard lashes that's molded with hard to remove pigment!

Other mascaras also give me dark circles under my eyes at the end of the day but disappear without a trace from my lashes.

For a while, I committed to a cheap, dirt-brown mascara because I haven't truly found my choice waterproof black tar for war.

Side note: I love brown mascara! Although not all brands carry brown mascaras haaay I kiss the tisay doe eyes look goodbye!

I did however, found my partner in Maybelline the Magnum Big Shot but your tita wants to discover the big lash world out there!

ENTER L'OREAL LASH PARADISE

I've heard great things about the L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara. It seems like it's everyone's favorite! I nearly wanted to buy one for the sake of #TatiMadeMeBuyIt but even one of my fave beauty gurus is not enough for me to easily fork over 500 pesos for mascara. DUDE, I WAITED FOR THE GREAT MAYBELLINE SALE TO BUY MY MAGNUM BIG SHOT CHEAPER!

But the heavens opened up to my dilemma and their answers to my prayers showed up in the form of the Project Vanity L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara trying party!

I was taken to paradise, not by a private jet, but by a tube of mascara! WALANG CHAROT
Many mascaras promise to be volumizing and lengthening, but Lash Paradise says it will offer me VOLUPTUOUS VOLUME AND LENGTH! It's also BLACKEST BLACK! If a brand makes use of convincing adjectives, and actually delivers that, then sign me up! (How much I love words as a consumer just as much as a capitalist does!)

Upon first usage, you will notice it has a big-ass brush! I love big ones! (That's what she said, chos). I especially love it if they use actual bristles, because the mascara I used on rotation before I got Lash Paradise was a Catrice one with quite an underperforming plastic mascara applicator (But it's okay naman lol thanks Sodexo for making me feel less guilty in purchasing! Char).

Here's a maarte Boomerang for how it looked upon application.
Someone complimented that I looked like I was wearing falsies! Au naturale look, who?!!?!
If my lashes already look lifted, then my arms need a lift too.

Wala lang. Additional selfie para maumay kayo hihi

It lasted the whole day on me and it quickly became a fave of mine! Commutes in NCR are nightmarish but with this mascara, me crying amid commute isn't obvious! PAMATAY LASHES KO YAAAS

It's waterproof but it didn't make my lashes look hard and crunchy. It's easily removable with oil, too! No more having to chisel off mascara residue from my eyes at the end of the day!

I used it again recently for another event and this is me 14 hours later. Pretty much my makeup faded but see how my Lash Paradise still held the curl in my lashes?

Me looking up at the heavens and thanking them for taking me to (Lash) Paradise.
Notice me, senpai! Pangmatagalan ako! Like my mascara!
The L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara is available in L'Oreal Counters for P500! If it's Tati and Gillian approved, saan ka pa? It's waterproof, is the BLACKEST BLACK (As cited in L'Oreal, 2018) and gives VOLUPTUOUS VOLUME AND LENGTH™!

Sorry, dunno if I should cite them or trademark those phrases. Overthinking English major lol

L'OREAL, MAKE A BROWN VERSION OF THIS PARA ANYONE CAN ENJOY THE TISAY DOE EYED LOOK, TOO!

Headband, bangketa sa tabi lang at nakalimutan ko saan
Earrings, Aldo accessories
Top, UK 2x (Ukay-ukay)

You Might Also Like

0 comments