Lime Cordiale's "Permanent Vacation": Did It Just Replace My Current Must-Hear Album of the Year?

December 16, 2017

If you read my post on music I currently love, you probably know that I just adore Fazerdaze's "Morningside" album. I actually understated my love for it there because I believed that "Morningside" is the album of the year for me--and this is coming from the year that brought back Paramore, All Time Low, Foster the People, and Tennis! All artists that I was into growing up! 💗

I've heard of Lime Cordiale's "Up in the Air" which was a single from their album "Permanent Vacation" and at one point had it as my LSS but I always delayed in listening to the whole album. BOY, I WISH I DID SOONER! IT'S JUST FRICKIN' AMAZING!

I thought kuya on the write waste pantless HAHAHAHAHA

How would I describe their sound? If you love Tokyo Police Club and Artic Monkeys and wondered what their love child would sound like, then Lime Cordiale is for you. "Can I Be Your Lover" gives me the TPC and Artic Monkeys vibe yet somehow, has this distinct sound only Aussie bands give which I can't quite describe.


"Giving Yourself Over" is another favorite. It has the right amount of upbeatness to its otherwise bittersweet lyrics. Not the best song to be extremely hugot to BUT KAILANGAN MO YAN! 



"Other Way Around" is one of the slower songs I liked in the album. It's not exactly slow, but compared to the first 3 songs I mentioned here, it's more relaxed. 


The question now is, has this replaced Fazerdaze's "Morningside" for me? Humabol pa tong best album of the year kahit Disymebre na? THE ANSWER IS NOT QUITE.

For one, while I absolutely love the songs, I believe artists should be consistent with the theme they build when making music for an album. Lime Cordiale, if you listen to their other songs, didn't quite make it up there. Their other songs are too heady and slow as compared to their more upbeat tracks in the album. Nonethless, it's still worth a listen since their music isn't crappy. I wholeheartedly recommend the album!

Not that I hate slow songs, but I know they can make those that are still powerful. Take a spin to "Hanging Upside Down" which was a song they released back in 2015 and you will hear what I mean. 🙂



Album Verdict: 3/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐


Another question though: WHY DIDN'T FAZERDAZE INCLUDE "REEL" IN "MORNINGSIDE"? I WILL NEVER BE FULLY CONTENT LOL

You Might Also Like

0 comments