I Walk Shakily (A Poem)

December 19, 2017



Fun fact about this poem: I actually made it for a lesson during my practice teaching! 💗When I was tasked to teach adverbs in poetry one time, I just couldn't find the ~~perfect~~ poem to discuss adverbs with so I ended up making one.In the end, I never used this for discussion so it has been gathering a little dust here in my laptop. Recently, I read this again and wondered why the hell didn't I use this? 😕

Adverbs and adjectives in poetry is a funny topic. I recall being taught in college and even reading an article one time about how those two are unnecessary when coming up with a poem. Poetry is personal, to be honest. You could use as much (Just like John Milton and his never ending "Paradise Lost")or as minimal as possible. You can use any word(or maybe not use any at all a la Jose Garcia Villa's "Emperor's New Sonnet")your heart, mind, and even loins(Charot! For the tigang poets there lol)expresses.

But this one below is purely mind only (No feelings! Chos!)and........okay, maybe a ton of heart but you know what I mean. 😜

"I Walk Shakily" by yours truly ❤


You Might Also Like

0 comments