If I'll Be Your Destination (Poetry)

May 31, 2018

(Originally titled "Beach Boy") 

If I’m your destination, clearly you only see clear blue seas and fluffy skies that build an image that isn’t me. You’ll be busy being on edges of an island where waters kiss the shore, with sand in your toes


and you’d want nothing more.

You’ll forget your destination once you reach surface after voyage in the sea. You won’t realize that you wanted to reach the very heart of me. You end up content with the paradise you first saw miles away from your ship.

And you’ll soon leave thinking that’s all to it.

After long journeys of reaching to your destination, you should know you have yet to reach your goal. You're blinded by the sun’s hot rays and the glittering waters even if there’s so much more to me.

You got lost in your way thinking you found what you wanted. You had a taste of what I had to offer you but you haven't quite explored what else is in store.

Find your way towards the heart of me. Pull away from the beach and enter the forest, cut your way through the trees. You'll learn that there's more warmth in my arms than the sun that shines above. You'll find my comfort in my love than the shore that first welcomed you.

Don't think your journey is over upon stepping foot on what you first reach; your destination is the whole island.

Til then, you will have yet to reach me, your destination.




You Might Also Like

0 comments